Apple have allowed users to login with their AOL account for signing into Apple’s standard features such as iTunes, AppStore, iCloud, etc. rather than forcing them with AppleID or iCloud ID. Apple recently have announced that after 31st March, 2015 they are not going to support AOL accounts. It is kind of asking to create Apple ID actually without loosing any information available over AOL – Apple Account.
Apple stresses that it cannot support AOL accounts that have not been converted to an Apple ID past March 31, so if you don’t transfer yours by that deadline, you’re going to end up losing it. But don’t worry, because it’s an incredibly simple process.
How to Transfer AOL to iCloud or Apple ID?
- Sign into iTunes on Mac or PC using your existing AOL (Apple id)
- You’ll be prompted to convert your account automatically
- Follow on screen instructions and you’ll have new ID with @iCloud.com or @me.com
- Use your new Apple ID for all features and services from Apple
- All your purchases, data will transferred to your new Apple id
- You will have zero impact / no issue for switching account from AOL to Apple
“Starting March 31, 2015, AOL will no longer allow customers to use their AOL Username (also known as an AOL Screen Name) to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store,” Apple explains in a new support document.
“You must convert your AOL Username to an Apple ID in order to maintain access to the stores and to content you purchased previously.”
Let us know if you have any concerns or facing difficulties with transferring / switching accounts.