If your iPhone IMEI is unlocked from Apple or authorised unlocking source, You will require to perform unlocking by iTunes or Wifi before you can use it with other carriers. We have a very simple and short guide on how to unlock iPhone which can be completed within a few minutes if done correctly.
You will require a nano sim card which is smaller than micro sim card & standard sim card.
iPhone can be unlocked using iTunes and over Wifi. We have listed both the process for your ease.
If you are looking for iPhone unlock, Check verified iPhone Unlock Store
How to unlock iPhone using iTunes?
- Connect iPhone to iTunes & Take a full backup
- Insert any SIM and restart iPhone
- Upon successful reboot, Tap on screen and select connect with iTunes
- If detected – Phone screen will display message “Connected to itunes“
- iTunes software will take a minute to collect unlocking certificates or data from Apple server.
- Wait for “Congratulations! Your iPhone has been unlocked successfully“message on Computer / Mac
- Perform required steps to configure on phone
- Your iPhone is now unlocked!
If you face any issue – Write down exact error or take screenshot and post below in comment. We will help you to get your iPhone unlocked.
- Insert any SIM card and reboot / restart iPhone
- After sliding for unlock, tap for Connect Wifi Option
- Tap on Activate iPhone if required
- After approx 3 minutes, iPhone will be activated
- Congrats! iPhone should now receive network and is unlocked
In case of any error, Try to change wifi point. Else make sure your iPhone is unlocked or not.
If you are unsure about lock status, Better perform a carrier check. Most common error during unlock is faced due to either locked status or internet connectivity. As a recommendation, Do not forget to backup your phone prior to perform unlocking steps.
Hope this guide will help you with unlocking. You can unlock any iPhone model such as 6s, 6s plus, 6, 6plus, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, or 4 including iOS 6 and above. Don’t forget to comment if you run through any error or have concerns before unlock. We can help you on how to unlock iPhone 6 to get things done straight!