With Apple devices, Battery is the most common trouble you may heard from any user. Excellent touch and sharp responsive iPhone require little more power then conventional phone. In trade, iPhone has to offer you thousands of apps, features and facilities, that you couldn’t have achieved on any other smartphone. With great performance come poor battery life. And we are here going to tear down step by step guide on how to boost & [pullquote align=”right”]With great performance comes poor battery life[/pullquote]increase battery capacity by turning off useless features and stay smart with latest iOS 7.
Before we proceed, Go through all steps and apply only which are not in used by you. We know WhatsApp is important to you!
1. Location Services
Any iOS version you may speak, Location service is most battery draining tool. Location service is a key feature for travelers, path finder & to locate someone on maps. Location service is used by many apps like Camera, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Google maps, Four Square, Safari etc. Whereas We usually not require these things to keep locating us by using our battery more and more. However Apps like Find My iPhone use this very same settings but is desired to keep it on when chances to get your iPhone stolen or missed easily on other busy stuff.
Head over to [highlight]Settings > Location Services > [/highlight]And either disable main service or disable which are not required or you don’t want to trace you while you use them.Also, under the Location Services pane, scroll down to System Services and turn off Diagnostics & Usage, Location-Based iAds, Popular Near Me, Setting Time Zone, Traffic and Frequent Locations.
2. Auto Brightness
From Morning to late night, our visibility changes and adjust according to light available to human eyes. iPhone displays are not designed to perform that way until you setup Auto Brightness mode enabled. We think this is important part. Since you require less brightness when you are using iPhone in night under the bed, but in day light on road or way to office, You need more brightness to check your emails. We can not keep adjusting brightness every-time but what if iPhone has such options enabled it? [highlight]Auto brightness option is just available under Setting > Brightness & Wallpaper options.[/highlight]
Adjust brightness what you’d like to use on average use. iPhone will start enhancing display brightness then after. Interesting, Isn’t it? Try it now and get li’l power added to iPhone.
3. Background App Refresh
Apple claim this one to be most advanced App on any smartphone, but when you are unlucky in terms of battery percentage, You should turn off this feature which keeps automatically updating your Apps in background and use Data + CPU without your notice. Why shouldn’t we turn this off? Of-course, There’s no harm. 2 Out of 10 will only need this feature. When you need news, you simply can open news App and there’s no point to keep it updated in background while you’re at work or going through real busy day.
Go to [highlight]Settings > General > Background App Refresh[/highlight] and disable it.
4. Turn off parallax (Sad but true!)
Parallax is 3D like Wallpaper system that keeps imitating 3D display while you move. Parallax use sensors to measure iPhone’s movement on hand constantly and that is main reason behind this beautiful 3D like effects. While you keep your device checking time or using swiping through apps pages, Parallax will keep using your iPhone power. You have to keep this disabled if you want to trade for a better battery period.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and set it to off and voila, You’ve improved battery life by more than 3-5%
5. Turn off Automatic Updates
iOS7 was designed to keep your focus on task and not on maintenance part. But as you already know, battery juice is more important then getting convenient auto-updates and useless adjustment without your notice. With new update, all apps installed on iPhone will be updated without owner’s instruction. This feature is great if you are having big mess of apps and you need to keep them updated without hitting App Store. While updates are automated – power demand of device will be higher then usual task. You can simply turn it off and save almost 2 to 7% of battery supply.
To disable Auto Updates, go to Settings > iTunes and Apple Store and uncheck the Updates option.
6 Turn Off AirDrop
AirDrop lets you share files with other iUsers on the same network, but as most of iPhone user don’t really use this App and it can be turned off to save crucial battery power. Slide open the Control Center and switch it off.
7. Email Optimization – Save 15% without loosing hard part
Mail is key function of any smartphone. The way email options work in iPhone are truly amazing. It keeps buzzing you with new updates on almost every moment. But ask yourself. Do you need getting update every other minute? Why not we keep it off which can help iPhone to save almost 15% of battery supply? Yup! iPhone email can be updated with 3 function. Automated Fetch, Manual update or Interval updates.
- Manual Update is preferred option to get emails when you need it. For example, When you think about email – just open it and all new emails will be updated right then. This will stop iPhone to keep searching new emails after every 5 minutes and you will not divert your attention every time from other important things to email popup.
- Fetch after specific time is also an alternative to completely disable email updates. This option help you to set specific time of 15 minutes, 30 minutes hourly to search for new emails. It helps iPhone to search mails on intervals and not on continuous way
- Push Notification is fine option for busy people but most of us get stressed with every email update in few minutes period. Always keep push notification off for battery. Not just battery, you will also get help to focus on your daily task more.
These options are available right under Setting> Mail, Contacts & Calender > Fetch New Data
Easy & Useless Features which can not harm you anyway
- Automatical Date/Time Updates: Disable this feature at Settings > General > Data & Time and turn off Set Automatically.
- Disable FaceTime / iMessage if you’re not using it much
- Clear up notification app which are useless for getting popup message eventually by visiting Setting > notification > click on edit and slide down all apps which doesn’t require to popup by sliding them down in section Not in Notification Center
- Go to setting > General > Autolock > Set time which you find best to lock your iPhone when not in use.
We collect data from each and every app occasionally and update them at iPhoneUnlock.org blog – If you know something that can help us to improve this article, Don’t hesitate to comment blow. Your voice will be heard.